HOW TO JOIN
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Cascade Central Credit Union, where we do banking differently by serving your best interests. Cascade Central is a not-for-profit financial cooperative (credit union). Unlike banks, profits that are generated are given back to our members in the form of lower loan interest rates and low or no-cost services.
You are eligible to apply for membership if you are:
- An employee of one of the more than 100 companies throughout the Hood River area affiliated with Cascade Central Credit Union, also known as Select Employee Groups (SEGs). Call us at (541) 387-9297 to see if your company is affiliated with Cascade Central.
- A retired employee of one of Cascade Central's Select Employee Groups.
- A family member of someone who is a currently a member or is eligible to be a member of Cascade Central.
You will be required to open a Savings Account with a minimum $5 deposit to open your membership*, which can be easily done by stopping in our branch at 1206 12th Street in Hood River. You will also need to bring 2 pieces of valid ID.
We can help you transfer your account(s) from your current financial institution to Cascade Central Credit Union with ease by using the Account Switch Kit, which contains documents to:
- Change your direct deposit
- Begin or cancel automatic payments
- Close your existing checking account.
*All accounts are subject to approval. In compliance with the US Patriot Act, we are required to obtain and verify information provided for all new account holders and joint owners, using methods permitted by law. A form of identification will be required.
Think Cascade Central Credit Union is a benefit you would like offered at your company? To find out if your company is an affiliate or eligible for membership, email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a nonprofit financial institution, Cascade Central is not owned by faraway stockholders. We are owned by our members, the people we see every day at our branch and talk to on the phone. These are the people whose interests we serve. And because we know they can bank anywhere, we work to serve their interests well, with low fees and interest rates, excellent returns on deposits and outstanding services and programs.